Friday, September 14, 2012

Detergent & Wash routines

Cloth diaper routine... Some people hate theirs, some love it, some don't mind it either way. It all depends on the simplicity of it. I used to be one of those folks that HATED diaper washing day. That was until I stumbled onto Little Love Buns. It's a clean rinsing detergent with many yummy scents! I'm currently using Strawberry Watermelon & it smells amazing! I was using a more "name brand" detergent that would never rinse clean. Bubbles, bubbles, everywhere. Now I'm not saying if you see bubbles, worry. If your diapers have no repelling uses, smell clean when out of the washer & dryer (if you dry in dryer), & smell just like urine after being freshly peed on, then they are clean & you're good. But if you have weird smells coming from your diapers, you have an issue. Whether it be build up, using to much or too little detergent, or using the wrong detergent for your water conditions. The number one key I want to point out is make sure you are using enough detergent! I know us as CD mommas tend to think less is more, but too less is just simply not enough. They have to get clean. Don't back off your detergent because you're too scared to use too much. Use what you're told. I know that many people are thinking, "But it always says to use 1/2 the recommended amount.." Right, most companies say that. But you are dealing with poop people. If you're using CD safe detergent, use the recommended amount. If you have hard water, use a little more. If you have overly soft water, you might need a little less. But always start with the recommended amount. If you are using a non approved CD detergent I recommend you try LLB. BUT I have heard great things about Tide. But I don't think you should cut that by 1/2. One lady said, "Would you wash your clothes that were soiled with 1/2 detergent? No. Because they wouldn't get clean.." So you need the right amount of detergent & water to sufficiently clean those diapes!

My wash routine after finding LLB is so easy.
  1. I do a cold wash/cold rinse cycle. To wash off poop & urine so I'll be washing with CLEAN water. *VERY IMPORTANT STEP*
  2. Warm/Hot wash with 3 tablespoons of LLB.
  3. Two cold rinses *I only need one, but it's force of habit to "Make sure they're rinsed"
  4. Hang dry covers & natural fiber AIOs. & throw microfiber in the dryer. 
Done! It's easy for me. I don't constantly obsess over bubbles or build up or stink. No stripping in almost a month now, when I was stripping atleast once or twice a month because of detergent build up. It's such a refreshing change.

Now head over to Little Love Buns to get your hands on some detergent. They're having a BLOW OUT sale today, and the 48/96 loads bags are $6!!! GO! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment